While, nearly every real estate agent, recognizes, and understands, the importance of signing – up, listings, because, they understand, the truth of the adage, He who controls the listings, controls the market, simply, knowing this, doesn’t get it done! After more than a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have come, to realize, and understand, obtaining listings requires having the ability to give the finest possible, most superior, listing presentation. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, the six basis steps, of doing so, in a professional, effective manner.
1. Do your homework: If you hope to be an effective, successful, real estate agent, you must be willing to put in the effort, on a concerted basis, do your so – called, homework, and be, more prepared than your competition, when you are sitting, in front of, a potential client. This means, knowing the specific neighborhood, thoroughly, fully recognizing any potential competition, in the marketplace, inspiring and motivating a homeowner, with your ideas, regarding pricing, marketing, etc, and tweaking your ideas, down to the specifics of the specific block, etc. This process must begin, before you, make that contact (by phone, or, in – person), in order to get the appointment, to make your presentation. Doesn’t it make sense, to, consistently, put, your best – foot, forward?
2. Listen effectively: The focus of your presenting, must be, a willingness to effectively listen, and learn, what the homeowner wants, and his priorities, and effectively, addressing any concerns, and answering questions. Remember, a quality presentation, must be, about them, and not you!
3. Determine needs, goals, priorities, and preferences: Don’t assume you know, the homeowners needs, goals, priorities, and preferences! Have a thorough discussion, and come, to a meeting – of – the – minds!
4. Why should they choose you?: Why do you believe someone should choose you? How well will you be prepared, to effectively, articulate, the actual benefits, to them, rather than, merely, list some of the services, you will provide? People, rarely care, unless you are able to specifically, point out, how, using your services, benefits them, more than the rest – of – the – pack!
5. Trial close: After more than four decades, of not only, selling and marketing, personally, but, also, training hundred, if not thousands of others, in the fine art, and science, of professional sales, I emphasize, one must, use, something, referred to, as the trial – close. This means, before, actually, asking for business, asking certain, suggestive questions, and, seeking, a meeting – of – the – minds.
6. Close: Even if you give, a great presentation, unless, you conclude, by closing, the deal, you won’t become a successful, real estate, listing agent. If you have used the first five steps, effectively, this process, should be, somewhat simple. It can be, as easy, as, saying, Doesn’t it make sense, to proceed, together, in order to get, the results, you desire, and deserve?
You can either be effective, or ineffective, it’s up to you! Will you be prepared, committed, and have the discipline, and professionalism, to be considered, better than your competition?